Friday 10 June 2011

A fond farewell to "The Beast" Yamaha FJR 1300

Well after two magnificent years riding what has been an absolute gem of a bike “The Beast” an American parallel import Yamaha FJR 1300, is no more.
Here is a brief pictorial history of “The Beast”from new.


In the begining there was just a lonley FJR


To cheer her up I got my best mate to buy one too!


Then I started to "Farkel" her...... Lot's!


“The Beast” is one of those bikes that will remain in my thoughts for a long time. We have covered the length and breadth of the UK numerous times including two Lands End to John O’Groats rides one each way, Isle of Man TT 1000 mile challenge, RBLR 1000 mile charity ride, Poppy launches, Wootten Bassett repatriation, two Ride to the Wall’s, Wirral Egg Run & on,& on.



Then we were off from bottom .....


to top ........


& back to the bottom again.


A quick wash & a polish & we're off again!


Wirral Egg Run


Kirkstone Pass with the Manc Riders

Plus we spent a fair amount of time in Europe including, Gibraltar, Spain, Holland, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, Poland, Lithuania& most recently the Normandy Beaches in France.




Spain,


more Spain,


Gibraltar


even more Spain .......




Berlin


Lithuania


Vilnius


Isle of Man TT 1000 mile Challenge


St Marlo Ferry, France


Le Mans

"The Beast" became Ben's Second Home


Ben in the process of becoming
The youngest Brit Butt Light Finisher
at the age of 8 years old.


A true member of the Walton Family.

After riding the all new Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere whilst The Beast was in for her 36,000 mile service with 38,500 miles on the clock. I realised how much easier life would be with a light and agile, sit up & beg position Tenere.

So after a brief chat with Keith @ Keith Dixon Motorcycles Ltd in Accrington and a whole night thinking about the pros & cons, I made the decision to buy “Mr T”. Of cause it had to be in my favourite colour black & as the deal was done in May I also qualified for £1,800 worth of free extras so “Mr T” came fully loaded (baring spot lights & black indicators which are on back order).
Here is “Mr T” I cannot wait to get on the road& see parts of the world I haven’t set foot in yet.


Say hello to "Mr T"
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere




All set for a whole world of Adventure. 

I hope whoever buys her will have as much fun and enjoyment out of what is the most reliable motorbike I have ever had the pleasure of owning and riding.

New Horizons
Africa.

My favourite photo taken from the Rock of Gibraltar
of Morocco.



1 comment: